Sunday, March 15, 2009

The birth of Hamasastan

So its been a while since my last entry, and I realize I need to stay more consistent with my posts, but here I go.

I don't mean to gloat but I just want to point out that I pretty much nailed the analysis and the outcome of Israel's endeveour into the armpit of the world. Although Israel's casualty toll was not as high as I anticipated (thankfully!) the benefits of Israel's incursion are still unclear. It is true that currently fewer rockets are flying towards Israel from the world's largest and most densely populated sewer, but I am saddened to say that this is a temporary occurance. Within hours of Israel's withdrawl from Gaza, tunnels were being rebuilt on the Egyptian border and weapons smuggling resumed. At the end of the day, Israel spent vast resources and suffered a further tarnishing of its image in order to successefully empowered Hamas, who are now in charge of distributing international aid. Even though some organizations are trying to bypass Hamas this task is close to impossible.

On a positive note Lieberman happens to agree with my resolution of the conflict, and I am exploring potential legal remedies for his blatant plagarism of my political platform.

No comments: